Children develop their speech, language, and communication abilities at different rates. Speech development refers to a child’s ability to listen to and say sounds that make up words. Language refers to understanding and use of words to form sentences and express oneself for different purpose. Mobile SP, In-Clinic SP and Telehealth services available for both adults and children.
Our Speech Therapists value providing support to adults and children, their families, with an am of building upon existing communication strengths. We focus on turning everyday situations into opportunities, which develop and enrich client’s speech and language. Our input can come in a variety of forms depending on what is suitable of our clients and their and families and could include:
- Formal and informal assessment of speech and language abilities
- Providing recommendations and strategies for the adults in a child’s environment to support their speech and language development
- Individualised therapy program with a Speech Therapist in combination with follow up of strategies at home or in their education setting e.g., early childhood centre, school
- Providing training and workshops for groups of parents and/or educators on speech and language development and creating communication friendly environments
- Supporting preparation and transition to school based on the child’s strengths and making a smooth transition to school for children and parents
- Specific interventions for post-stroke (CVA) speech therapy
Please enquire using the form below.