Supported Independent Living (SIL)
What is SIL?
Supported Independent Living, or SIL, include assistance with daily living activities such as grooming, personal hygiene, household chores, meal preparation, financial planning, and using public transportation. It also entails acquiring new abilities and boosting your self-assurance when working independently.
Our team of health professionals and experienced support workers provide Supported Independent Living in Brisbane for people in the community. Following best practice approaches, we provide encouraging, effective support that helps you with day to day life.
Whether you live alone or with other NDIS participants, you are eligible for supported independent living. Recall that supported independent living is but one kind of assistance available. You might be better off with one of the other living and home assistance.
Supported independent living in shared housing
You have the freedom to choose who you live with and who you share your resources with. You may like to live with and distribute your supports among other individuals you are acquainted with. Alternatively, you may wish to move into shared housing that is specifically made for individuals with disabilities.
We will determine the reasonable and essential services you require on a daily basis if you require supported independent living. Once it's part of your plan, you may pick who will provide the support and work with that provider to determine how it will be delivered.
What is included with Supported Independent Living?
- Assistance with daily living tasks such as cleaning, gardening, and grocery shopping.
- Personal care, such as assistance in showering, oral hygiene, dressing and toileting.
- Medication management, including storage and administration of medication.
- Assistance in lifestyle activities, such as engaging in your favourite hobbies, meeting new people, and engaging with the community.
- Assistance in personal development to support you in achieving your goals.
Interested in SIL?
Please enquire using the form below.